Sunday, July 02, 2006

Taliban

I don't normally name chickens, unless their personalities or appearance demands it. The big black rooster has been attacking my bare legs ever since it got hot and I've been wearing shorts. What else would you name him?

While he is attacking at approximately knee level, I reach over him and slap him in the back of the head. He's not expecting it because he's thinking I'll hit him from the front. To his credit, he seems to have associated getting a slap to the back of the head with the act of attacking me. For now, he's under control.

We finally got some much needed rain last week. Unfortunately, if you heard the news, we got it a little too fast for the ground to immediately soak it up.

I'm not complaining, you understand, just hoping we'll get more in reasonable installments.

The garden is producing well, even though it's gotten hot and dry in the last three or so days. I even put on the sprinklers today.

No comments: