Thursday, May 13, 2010

Foggy

Fog covers our hilltop this morning.  It's been raining off and on for a couple of days and will continue the pattern for at least a couple more.  Wonderful.  It is greatly needed to make things grow.

I'm surprised that my last post was so long ago.  Most of the iris is finished blooming already.  Peonies are in full glorious bloom.  The fruit on the trees is visible from a distance.  It's looking good for pears and peaches.  There are even some apricots and lots of plums.  Apples abound.  The raspberries are forming, blossoms done.  Multiflora roses exude that lovely rosy smell.

We tinker with the trimmer and I am slowly managing to trim around the fruit trees.  I'm hoping it will manage to stay together until I can get it down the hill and neaten up the area around the old house.

Yesterday, I spent about an hour weeding the vegetable garden.  Lettuces are coming up.  Chard and kale are big enough to harvest.

1 comment:

CountryDew said...

Glad to see your post!