Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Winter Update

Since the Solstice, I've been surprised by a few blooming plants in the greenhouse. Angel begonias and one of the stranger succulents (name unknown) have flowers.

The chickens are also laying more eggs.

The baby goats in the maternity are now almost too heavy for me to lift. They seem nice and healthy. That's a good thing, because udders are growing in the big barn and I anticipate another population boom in the next month.

We're expecting some single digit nights starting on Thursday. I'm not looking forward to it. So far, no snow to speak of.

I'm reading, sorting files for taxes, and doing other indoor jobs because it's so uncomfortable outside. We ordered garden seeds on the weekend. I'm taking time each day to learn some new software.

That's all the exciting news for now.

No comments: