Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Year and Life in the Slow Lane


Yesterday morning, I sat at this desk looking out on a sky filled with pink tinged clouds. Those clouds stayed all day and into the night. The wind was howling and blowing so much that the goats decided against venturing outside the barn.

This morning, the sky is clear and it is fifteen degrees outside with no wind at all.

I amused myself by reading some of my favorite blogs, shopping online, knitting on my second pink sock of the series, and watching the Forensic channel while doing inside chores.

Becky, at Peevish Pen, featured a quiz on Quizzila: What Druid Animal are You? She was an Earth Dragon! Exotic. Anita's comment was that she came out a Wise Salmon. That's pretty neat. So, I took the quiz.

Dog. Dog! What an insult. How un-exotic. Dog?

But, when I went back and read my profile, it suited me, I must admit.

Dog... Man's best friend and also an animal of guidance, loyalty and protection. You are a companion to friends in this life and in the next. You are a guardian of the Mysteries and can lead us over the threshold into the Goddesses realm. Protect all you hold sacred and share your experience with those who need it most.

Yep, that's me all right. Woof.

2 comments:

CountryDew said...

Happy New Year! I don't think there is anything wrong with a dog. Most people like dogs, after all.

I'm not sure I can say that about a salmon.

gingerhillery@mac.com said...

I better not take that test! My identity might be the pig. Or guinea hen.

Hope to see you guys soon!