Saturday, April 02, 2011

March Went Out Like a Lion

We even had some snow flurries yesterday morning -- April 1st -- no joke.  I am UDDERLY (and utterly) exhausted.  We are up to well over 70 new kids, but it seems to be nearly over.  We had a single newborn yesterday afternoon.

To think that I was under the impression that kidding would just be starting about now!  I guess I need to be a little more careful about counting days.  We were caught a little off guard and the small pastures need fence repairs before we can turn them out on a dry day.  I'm hoping that will be addressed today while we have our Saturday helper.  Now, if we could just have a dry, warm, sunny day...

I sold one of my last Nubians with her two fat baby doelings yesterday.  There are two Nubians left.  We are nearly all white with brown heads now.  'Get 'em while they're hot.  By the way, Brambleberry Farm will be a good place to purchase new breeding stock this year.

I hope to start tagging, worming, and wethering, but need courageous and strong helpers.

No comments: