Friday, September 12, 2008

Raining Today

The sunsets are being preempted because of rain and overcast skies. It's okay. A friend sent me a picture of a West Coast sunset to tide me over.

Yesterday, I planted beets in newly cleaned out vegetable beds. There are some areas that won't, realistically, get completely weeded until next Spring. Meanwhile, tomatoes continue to produce en masse. There is a good crop of green beans and basils are thriving.

I'm trying to pick all the apples before they are damaged by birds and bugs. It's just so hectic trying to get everything processed or sold so that nothing will go to waste. Anything that is not useable goes to the chickens, who seem quite pleased with the arrangement.

It's a busy, busy time of year and I'm looking forward to it slowing down.

No comments: