Saturday, February 11, 2006

Snow


It's been coming down steadily all day and the forecast is for blizzard conditions until tomorrow morning. We all knew we couldn't dodge the bullet. It looks nice, anyway.

The netting over the chicken yard will surely bog down again. All my work was for nothing. We'll use new netting later in the season. I think my husband took a knife and cut it where it attached to the fence to avoid pulling the entire fence down.

Speaking of fence, all the cross-fencing is up. There are still gates to be installed and ball waterers. I'm thinking that'll have to wait until the snow melts. It could be a couple of weeks. I'm glad we took advantage of the good weather.

I read "One Woman's Army", by Janis Karpinski. It was worthwhile reading. I have a much better picture of Iraq and of the situation that led to the scandals. If you are interested, I'd encourage you to read it and make up your own mind about things.

'On the last chapter of "Freakonomics", which is also very interesting. If I get stuck in the house because of the storm, I'll definitely finish it and whatever other books I've started. Then, when the decks are cleared, I'll read "The Last Fine Time", by Verlyn Klinkenborg, sent to me by my brother and sister-in-law. Thanks, guys!

1 comment:

Leslie Shelor said...

Snow is nice and necessary, but it can sure be a pain. Really cold here this morning! An ATV sounds like a good idea; reckon you could find a used one that one of those silly hunters is tired of?

I don't know much about cashmere but I would imagine you store it similar to angora. I don't do anything special to the angora, just pile it up in boxes until I sell or use it. When I card it the fibers get aligned. Come down sometime and I'll let you spin on my wheel. Or bring your own if you have one and we can try to get you spinning!

Love the llama! I had one of their bunnies for awhile but he wasn't nearly as much fun as the llama is!

Thanks for visiting!